Friday, January 9, 2009

I love it. No, I REALLY, REALLY love it!




My new Kindle. I can't believe how much more I'm reading. It's easy to hold, convenient to take along with you, and just plain awesome.




It's true. The Kindle has re-kindled my love of reading. Not that I've ever really stopped reading but you know what I mean.




I just finished up the 3rd book in the Twilight series, Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer. I can't wait to get the 4th one started but I'm taking a bit of a break from the series because there are a few other things I wanted to read. SARAH - You NEED to read this series. I really think you will like it.




Our online book club (man, that makes me sound like a dork!) is reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. This is a book I normally wouldn't have chosen myself but it is great! I guess that is the point of a book club; to get you out of your same old-same old routine. Good book and the first in the series if you are looking for a series to get wrapped up in. MARANDA - Try it. I think you will like this if you can get past the first 5 chapters.




Since we are only supposed to read 5 Chapters a week for the book club, I wanted to start something else so I am reading The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks. It is okay so far. I am not a big Nicolas Sparks fan because everyone always dies in his books. No one is dead in this one, YET. I bought it because it was on sale on my Kindle for $1.00. Even if it ends up being really bad, I'm only out a dollar and a couple hours of my time.




After I finish the Rescue, I will be giving the Kindle a break and reading a book that Chris' mom let me borrow. It is The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb. I'll let you know what I think of it.




And finally, Chris is reading A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson.




What are you all reading right now?




1 comment:

Angela said...

hmmmm...I was reading a murder/mystery book but seemed to keep putting it down and still haven't finished it and the last time I saw it was about a month ago....might get it finished this weekend as we have off 16-19th. Guess that tells you how interesting the book is.