Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just say NO!...to Wal-Mart. :)

If you know me then you know how much I hate Wal-Mart. Of course, I've shopped at Wal-Mart consistently up until this year even though I've hated it. The convenience of getting groceries and other necessary items in one stop does have its appeal and that is why I continued to shop there. Chris and I decided to make an effort this year to only go there if we ABSOLUTELY have to and I'm proud to say we have spent less than $70 ($63.04 actually) there in 2010. That may seem like a lot but, in the past, we would have spent that much and more at least once per week. Blah.blah.blah. Long story short....

One of the more difficult things about not going to Wal-Mart is that buying things like Pine-Sol and Magic Erasers cost SO MUCH MORE in the grocery store than at Wal-Mart. Luckily, I've found a better solution: alice.com Alice.com sells exciting things like Tylenol and paper towels and dish detergent. You can order the products online and set up reminders to buy that product weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc. The products are delivered right to your door and as long as you order at least 6 items, the shipping is FREE!!!

Some products are probably still more expensive than buying them at Wal-Mart but they are definitely cheaper than buying them at the grocery store. In addition, if there is a manufacturer's coupon available, Alice will apply it to your order automatically. Sweet! I'm in.
I received my first order this week.



In addition to the products I ordered, I received free sample of laundry booster, a granola bar and a full size carpet cleaner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...

hey... you should amend your post to include the referal link... you get 3% credit on the dollar amount of what they purchase over the next year. Goober... you could have had 3% off of my purchases for a year but I didn't know and I already signed up for an account.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.