Friday, July 18, 2008

We are on our way to Myrtle Beach

We got the camper all packed up and ready to go. We are on our way to Myrtle Beach. We plan on driving about half way tonight and spending the night in Fort Mill, SC.

We pulled out of the driveway at 5:03 this evening and met up with our friends Claude and Phyllis and Ein on the entrance ramp in Rural Retreat. Lisa, Ricky, Britney, Shane, Phillip, and Carrie are leaving sometime in the middle of the night and driving straight through.
We finally pulled into the KOA in Fort Mill around 9:00 tonight.
These dudes held us up for about an hour. We went 11 miles in one hour because these guys thought it would be a good idea to patch a couple of pot holes at 6:OO on a Friday evening.
Here we are sitting in traffic.
Chris, the navigator, looking "fly" in his shades.

We followed Claude the whole way.
Oh yeah. And I took all of these pictures on my new Nikon Coolpix camera. I wanted a small camera for trips like this when I didn't want to lug the big Rebel around. 8.0 Megapixels and it is the size of a credit card and about 3/4 of an inch thick. We've had cell phones bigger than this thing in the recent past. Isn't technology amazing?
I'll update often. Well, maybe I will and maybe I won't. I'm on vacation, remember? No plans, no rules.
Goodnight all.

1 comment:

Jippler said...

Hope everyone is havin a great time...have a safe trip.. love ya