Thursday, April 10, 2008

My new guilty pleasure...

I am so hooked on "Don't Forget the Lyrics." Fox - Thursday nights. I loved Wayne Brady from "Who's Line is it Anyways" and he hosts this new show. It is kind of like "Name that Tune" from the good ole days but without all the crappy songs. :) Well, there are some crappy songs on Don't Forget the Lyrics too but at least I know most of them. I so need to be on that show. Chris, on the other hand, FORGETS THE LYRICS, or maybe he just never knew them to start with. He did get one song right tonight: Islands in the Stream by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. But seriously, how could you not know that one unless you've been living under a rock your whole life. I was a little bummed that I didn't know the lyrics to "Stuck on You" by Lionel Richie. I mean, I stole the record (wow, that makes me sound old) from my sister's room a hundred times and played it over and over. Had it been "Penny Lover" or "Hello", I might have stood a chance. Rock on, Lionel! Or should I say Soft Rock on, Lionel! Damn, I love 80's music. And now that you have "Islands in the Stream" stuck in your head, I bid you good night.

1 comment:

Jippler said...

Well I guess I have been under a rock....but as you know I couldn't steal that record from my sister growing up!!