Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Teacher, Am I going to have to use the computer today?

So my sister is bragging on her blog about teaching some students about web page development today but lets see if she can teach this old dog some new tricks...


These are her instructions to me on how to name my link. Let's just see how I do.


"Type the text you want to link.Heidi's BlogSelect the text you want to link, in this case Heidi's Blog.Then click on the hyperlink button on the toolbar. It's the globe with the paperclip.Write or paste the link in the box, then click ok.Heidi's Blogall doneIf you copy a link and then just past it to the screen, it will "name" the link the same as the URL.http://heidi1977.blogspot.com/"


Testing... testing... 1 2 1 2


You should all go check out the Willow Traders website if you want to meet some cool scrapbooking chicks. (Okay so I have my text Willow Traders website selected and here is where I run into the first problem. I don't see a hyperlink button that looks like a globe with a paperclip... don't panic, Heidi, don't panic. It's here somewhere. Just keep looking. Don't get pissed off and say "screw it". Just scroll over everything til you see something that says hyperlink. Oh, there it is. Globe with a paperclip, my ass. I thought it was a frog with really big eyes. No wonder I couldn't find a d#$%@ globe. Why didn't she say the frog with big eyes) Okay. I got it. I feel so dang smart. I hope I get an A for today. I'll bring her an apple to class tomorrow.


The question is, do I feel like going back and fixing all of my old hyperlinks? Nah, but from here forward, won't I be cool?


In other news... Today was the Annual Stockholder's Meeting for the Bank. And to prove I was there (in body at least) I saved the brochure. How is this for ephemera, Mom? Dang, I just realized I forgot to add my credentials on to my name after I worked so hard getting them.


Heidi Robertson, PHR, IMABAWITPCHS


For those of you who are unfamiliar with my credentials that would be:


PHR, Professional of Human Resources

IMABAWITPCHS, I May Already be a Winner in the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your linkage, grasshopper.